Creating your Composite
Composite Design Steps
Step 1: Account Information
Step 2: Waiting on Ordered List
Your Ordered List tells us everyone who will be listed on your composite, where their photo will appear, any title they may have and the correct spelling of their name. The list is formatted vertically and will run from left to right. This means that the first person on the list will appear in the top left-hand corner and the last person will be bottom right-hand corner.
Your Ordered List is NOT set in stone. Don’t be afraid to submit it prior to your shoot! Submitting your Ordered List (and composite options) prior to your photo shoot will actually get you your first proof faster and we can always make changes later! We highly recommend using your chapter’s roster when completing your Ordered List to avoid misspellings or accidentally omitting anyone (it’s happened – whoops!)
Step 3: Waiting on Composite Options
- Stay Consistent: You can choose to reuse the same design options as last year so your composites look similar year after year. #Traditional
- Try Something New/Customize Your Composite: You pick the background color, the fonts used, the frame and more. Go crazy! (but not too crazy; your chapter may not appreciate a lime green background).
This is also where you can choose from a variety of GYB exclusive upgrades. Want your portraits for LinkedIn? Get that Digital Download. Want your composite faster? Pick Priority Printing!
Your Composite Options are NOT set in stone. Submitting your Composite Options (and Ordered List) prior to the shoot will actually get you your first proof faster. We will make as many design changes as you like once you see your first proof.
Step 4: Proof in Production/Waiting on Additional Information
Waiting on Additional Information: You will be moved into this status if members on your ordered list were not photographed. At that point we’ll ask if you would like to reuse their photo from a previous year, submit your own photo of them, or list them as Not Pictured. You will also go into this status if you choose to schedule a makeup shoot for missing members, or if your Composite Designer has any questions for you about your design.
Step 5: Waiting on Proof Approval
Step 6: Proof in Production/Waiting on Proof Revisions
Proof in Production: We’ll make any design changes you’ve requested within 2-3 business days and post a new proof!
Waiting on Proof Revisions: You’ll be moved into this status if you REJECT a proof and don’t post any changes on your message board. Don’t leave us hanging!
Step 7: Client Waiting to Be Invoiced
Step 8: Waiting on Payment
Your chapter will remain in this status until you submit payment for the final balance. You can find your Invoice in the Invoices & Files section of your myGYB account. Your invoice due date will be 2 weeks from the date it was posted. If you think you need more time, just let us know! We’re happy to give out extensions for those that ask, just don’t ghost us!
TO MAKE A COMPOSITE PAYMENT:
We can accept credit card payment over the phone or online.
Or you can mail a check to:
11103 Pepper Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
* If you are sending a check, make sure to write your school and organization name on the check.
Step 9: Printing/Priority Printing
Printing: The standard turnaround time in print is 4-6 weeks.
Priority Composite Printing: If you chose Priority Printing in STEP 3, your composite will print and ship within 10 business days! That’s nearly a month sooner than standard print.
Your composite will ship to the address you listed in STEP 1 of myGYB – so if you think you won’t be there, contact us ASAP.
Step 10: Shipped
Attendance and Status FAQs
How do I make a Composite payment?
TO MAKE A COMPOSITE PAYMENT: We can accept credit card payments online. Or you can mail a check to:
11103 Pepper Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
What is the status: Board On Hold - No Deposit Given?
What is the status: Account Frozen?
How do I know who attended the shoot?
Some of my members missed the shoot, now what?
Your options for any members that were not photographed are:
- Be listed as Not Pictured: They can be listed as not pictured for the per member price.
- Reuse a photo: Any of your members who had their photo taken with GYB in the past can reuse their photo. Let your designer know who wants to reuse a photo by posting on your message board. There is an additional $20 fee per person to reuse a photo.
- Submit a Photo: If any of your members were not photographed by us in the past, they can submit a digital photo of themselves. You can find the submitted photo guide in your myGYB Files section. If they want to use a professional photo taken by another company, we will need to receive a release form. There is an additional $25 fee per person to submit a photo.
Schedule a makeup shoot: We recommend a makeup shoot if more than 15 members miss the original shoot. Makeup shoots begin at $350 for the first hour, and $50 for each additional hour. Contact your original scheduling coordinator to schedule a makeup shoot! The time scheduled will depend upon how many people need to be photographed.
How do I view/purchase my individual portrait photo?
If you are unable to find it using the search engine, please contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Student’s Full Name
- Student’s University
- Student’s Organization