Welcome To The GYB Family
A Brief History
GreekYearbook was founded in 1999 by fraternity and Greek leader Ryan Millman at the University of Arizona. Although GYB started off as an events photography company, our main focus is now professional portraiture and group photography for tens of thousands of college students across the nation.
Where We Are Today
GreekYearbook currently operates at over 500 universities and employs over 200 contract photographers across the US. Bid Day and Composite photography are our two main services which you can learn a little bit more about below!
In the next few months you will start receiving email correspondence from either someone in the scheduling department or photo department about upcoming photo shoot dates.
Check out our online photographer portal, which shows all of your scheduled photo shoots. You should have been emailed login info. If you need it again, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scheduling For Composites
- Our scheduling team will reach out about Composite photo shoot dates.
- GYB does preferred scheduling which means that we ask our clients to provide 3 date and time options.
- We then check your availability for those dates and times.
- If you are available – you will respond with which date and time option works best. Then a scheduling coordinator will send you more details.
- If you are unavailable, a scheduling coordinator will either ask another photographer or ask the client for additional dates to accommodate your schedule.
Scheduling For Bid Day
- Our photo department will reach out about possible Bid Day photo shoots.
- These photo shoots are scheduled for organizations’ Bid Day events, and therefore there is no flexibility with dates and times.
- If you communicate that you are available – the photo department will have you add the event to your schedule. You will then receive more information from the scheduling department as the client gives more details for their event.
- If you are unavailable to do the photo shoot, let us know and we will ask another photographer in our network.
Day of Shoot Reminders:
Make sure you have all your photography equipment and materials sent by GYB needed for the shoot. Reach out to your chapter contact, information found in your shoot reminder email.
After The Shoot
You will send us your images via the GreekYearbook FTP link. You will also complete an invoice form which will be emailed to you after the photoshoot. It is important that you submit your invoice and upload your images within 48 hours of the photo shoot.
Head photographer & photo guru for GreekYearbook since 2008.
What’s your favorite thing about working for GYB?
The people. GYB has great staff with hundreds of great photographers nationally. We spend a lot of time together and have formed strong bonds over the years.
How many states have you been to and which is your favorite?
41. Hawaii is my favorite. I used to live there and return for vacations with my kids as much as possible.
What is your favorite sport, and what team do you root for?
I’m an avid hockey player and fan of the Washington Capitals. Traveling to Vegas to watch them win the Stanley Cup was a once in a lifetime experience.
Senior Staff Photographer. Full time photographer, part time model 😜
What is one of the coolest experiences you’ve had?
Shooting for a helicopter tours company and getting to do aerial photography of Camden Yards and Ravens Stadium.
Have you ever had any brushes with fame or who’s the most famous person you have ever met?
I had a chat with John Waters at 2am in a Baltimore City gas station, true story.
Senior Account Coordinator
What animal are you most like?
A duck! Despite all the panicked paddling below water, it looks like smooth sailing to everyone else. That and I love to eat bread.
Which meal is your favorite: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
Brunch. You have to admire the raw efficiency of eating two meals at once and you can put maple syrup on anything.
What’s your favorite way to spend a day off?
Sleeping, hiking, playing video games, sleeping, hanging out with friends, sleeping. . . .
If you were stranded on a desert island what 3 things would you bring?
Tanning Oil, Tequila, Salt… I’ll find limes on the Island.
What is your guilty pleasure?
Binge watching anything on Bravo – I love the Real Housewives saga!
What is your go-to karaoke song?
I might be tone deaf, not might be… I am, but when anything by ABBA is playing- preferably Dancing Queen, you’ll find me with a microphone in my hand.
What is your most prized possession?
My polaroid camera! I love having physical copies of pictures and it’s always a hit at parties.
What is the best city you’ve ever visited?
Nashville! I’m itching to go back, I love the vibe.
Best concert you’ve attended?
The Jonas Brothers comeback tour. Truly lived my childhood dream.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Japan! It’s always been somewhere I’ve wanted to see for the architecture and traditions, and I just know their food is out of this world!
What is your favorite day of the week?
Sundays because it’s my relaxation day if I want to be lazy, binge watch movies, shop, or get brunch-even all of the above on a great day!
What is your routine after getting home from a trip?
Walk through the front door. Drop bags and luggage in the middle of the bedroom. Nap. Wake up. Function normal everyday life for the next 3 months with those bags still in the middle of my floor. Works every time!